We hope this note finds you doing well. Thank you for your continued understanding, patience and cooperation as together we navigate our way through COVID-19. As of today, we still have no confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in any of our campuses. We are aware of the confirmed cases at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, and continue to monitor both local and national health information outlets.
Since our last formal communication on March 13th, we have taken the following initiatives:
· In following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendation from Friday, March 13, 2020, we have temporarily suspended communal dining and group activities. If residents desire to dine or congregate outside of their rooms, we are ensuring there is at least a distance of six feet between individuals. We recognize that communal dining and group activities are integral in providing a high quality of life for our residents. As soon as health officials deem it is safe to do so, we will resume normal operation in both those areas.
· To further limit the number of individuals entering and exiting our buildings, we have discontinued our resident salon services. Our clinical and activities team members will continue working together to ensure our residents’ hygiene and appearance are maintained.
· Our team has collaborated and developed new internal mechanisms, encouraging even more intentionality in monitoring and tracking resident wellness and well-being.
· We have implemented GoToMeeting capabilities so residents may have virtual face-to-face time with family members and loved ones. To schedule your meeting time, please contact the activities coordinator who serves in the building where your loved one is residing:
Assisted Living: Cindy Taylor 540.283.4422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Rehab North: Vanessa Wade 540.265.2128 email@example.com
Health & Rehab South: Lauren Hale 540.777.8475 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Human Resources is developing a more in-depth screening process for our team members, especially those who travel out of state, to ensure any potential exposure to COVID-19 is limited as much as possible.
To stay up-to-date on what’s happening at Friendship, please keep checking our website, friendship.us. If you’d rather receive email updates, please provide your name and email address on the form featured on that page. You may also call 540.265.2101 to hear a recorded message, featuring the latest Coronavirus update from our community. Also, you are encouraged to check our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin) as we will continue posting photos and videos of residents who have given permission to do so.
Lastly, the American Health Care Association has created a new campaign website, carenotcovid.com that is full of encouraging messages and ideas, as well as ways individuals can support the healthcare industry during this challenging time.
Again, thank you for all you are doing to protect the health and well-being of everyone here at Friendship, as well as the greater community.
Take care and stay well,
Joe Hoff, President & CEO