Therapy & Rehab Services at Friendship Salem Terrace
If you are recovering from injuries, a stroke, neurological event, surgery, or are in need of short-term programs to help you get back to the life you want to live, Friendship Salem Terrace offers on-site rehab services provided by Friendship Outpatient Therapy’s award-winning physical, occupational, and speech therapy programs. Our goal is to restore function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular, skeletal dysfunction, or functional decline. Our therapists can assist with pain management and conduct a needs assessment and training for wheelchairs, walking devices, and adaptive communication devices, as needed, tailored to each client’s needs.
- Improve strength, balance, muscle function, range of motion.
-Training in mobility, gait, and stability posture and positioning, including fall prevention guidance.
- Address difficulties with communication, cognitive processing, and swallowing.
- Training related to achieving improve communication, speech and language, cognitive processing and memory skills, and swallowing to help reduce choking risks.
- Improve overall daily living skills and function and community re-entry and participation.
- Training, educating, and adaptations in bathing, grooming, dressing, meal preparation, energy conservation and work simplification in home setting with focus on restoring strength, endurance, range of motion, and confidence.
-Offering private and physician prescribed massage therapy services by a physical therapist assistant certified in massage therapy.
- Clinical assessment of visual, cognitive, and motor function related to driving.
- Road driving assessment with a trained driving instructor and occupational therapist.
- Meetings with client and family to discuss recommendations.
- Recommendations to modifying vehicle equipment when needed.