Friendship, a leader in senior living and rehabilitation, celebrated its employees with a festive week-long celebration, held October 26 through October 30.
“We are so proud and thankful for our team members,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Joe Hoff. “They are the heart and soul of our organization. The pandemic has made 2020 a very challenging year. Our team members’ daily commitment and loyalty to making sure our residents and clients are cared for means everything. We are very pleased to celebrate their compassion, positivity, dedication and award-winning efforts.”
#TeamFriendship2020 was the event theme. Each day of the week focused on one of the company’s values, and the human resources team distributed corresponding free gifts.
· Monday team members wore their favorite TEAM shirt. New long-sleeved Friendship shirts were distributed.
· Tuesday was dress as your favorite decade. Team members enjoyed spreading POSITIVITY by making each other smile at their creative outfits, and received hand sanitizers that encouraged all to spread positivity, not germs.
· Wednesday was crazy hat/hair day. Team members received a new water bottle, along with a water challenge to hold us ACCOUNTABLE in making healthy decisions.
· Thursday was about RESPECTFULNESS. Team members wore Friendship shirts, and received new pens with thank you notecards to fill in and give to fellow colleagues to increase respect within our company culture.
· Friday, in honor of the Halloween holiday, team members wore costumes. They received packs of Extra gum for being “extra COMPASSIONATE.” A virtual costume contest was held via the company’s Facebook employee page, and prizes were distributed to the top three contestants.
For two years in a row, Friendship has earned Roanoker Magazine’s platinum award for Best Employer.
“We have worked very hard to build a strong company culture and team that exemplifies our values,” said Angela Hughes, vice president of human resources and corporate compliance. “We had a great time celebrating all our team members, and how together, we are furthering our mission of supporting friends by providing peace of mind.”