Friendship, a leader in senior living and rehabilitation, is proud to announce that through a new contractual agreement with the Veterans Affairs (VA), veterans may now use their benefit to receive free or greatly reduced rates at Friendship’s Adult Medical Day Care, located in the Feinour Center in Roanoke.
“This agreement has been in the works for a really long time, and we’re so excited to finally see it come to fruition,” said Friendship’s Director of Home and Community-Based Services Erin Layell. “Our veterans now have another care option in the Roanoke Valley that will provide them support, and their caregivers peace of mind.
Friendship opened the center in 2017 to further enhance the organization’s offerings and continue building out its continuum of care.
“Friendship is unique in we’re the only senior living community in the valley that offers this service,” said Layell. “It’s very rewarding to work with such a great team in a beautiful setting, where people love to come and have fun and just enjoy being together.”
The center serves as a good first step for individuals and families who realize that additional care is needed.
“Time and time again we see family members and guardians who are struggling to provide care while trying to take care of themselves and their responsibilities,” said Layell. “We just want everyone to know we are here, and happy to help provide assistance however we can.”
Friendship Living’s Adult Medical Day Care is just one of several services Friendship offers for seniors who prefer to remain living at home:
· Friendship Home Care is available 24 hours a day (including holidays) and provides assistance around the house with everyday tasks, housekeeping, companionship, transportation as well as personal attention to include bathing, dressing, hygiene assistance and medication management.
· Club Friendship, Friendship’s award-winning restaurant and bar, provides take-out meals available for purchase.
· Friendship Physician Clinic offers primary care and is currently scheduling wellness visits, in addition to addressing individuals’ health concerns.
· Friendship Pharmacy helps clients compare costs, reviews prescriptions and compatibility for those taking multiple medications, and has several helpful and cost-effective services available.
· Friendship Outpatient Therapy provides a host of services to help individuals regain strength and abilities, and build confidence.
“Our mission at Friendship is to support friends and provide peace of mind,” said Friendship President and CEO Joe Hoff. “We recognize that our ‘friends’ are individuals that live both within and outside of our campuses. That is the challenge and motivation that fuels our organization to continue enhancing our care, and expanding services to address the ever-changing needs in the Roanoke Valley. We want all seniors to be supported, regardless of their socioeconomic status or where they are in their life journey.”
To learn more about Friendship’s Adult Medical Day Care or other services available, individuals are encouraged to visit the company’s website, friendship.us, or call 540.283.4433.
To watch our interview on WSLS' Daytime Blue Ridge, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSrhuh0m-vc
To watch our interview on WFXR's Living Local, please click here: https://www.wfxrtv.com/living-local/friendship-retirement-community-adult-day-care-center/