Friendship Health – Outpatient Therapy
327 Hershberger Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
Your life is in motion, and we at Friendship want to keep you moving toward the life you want. If you’re recovering from injuries, a stroke, surgery, or any other non-chronic health condition, our outpatient therapy will give you the short-term help you need.
At our Outpatient Therapy Clinic, we offer award-winning therapy programs for patients of all ages. Our specific programs include:
Restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. These programs:
- Improve strength, balance, muscle function and range of motion
- Collaborate with any outside therapy programs from your orthopedist before and after joint replacement surgery
- Train for mobility, gait, stability, posture and positioning, including methods for fall prevention
- Offer aquatic rehab in our warm-water therapy pool with less impact on joints, which is beneficial for arthritis
- Include wellness education and home exercise programs
- Provide specialized care in our Parkinson’s Program
Restores and maintains the functionality of daily living independence and safety, including:
- Hand Therapy including splinting, fine-motor coordination and strengthening
- Activities of daily living, self-care therapy, and home modifications
- Adaptive/Assistive equipment
Addresses difficulties with communication, swallowing, and cognitive decline. Our therapies include:
- Improving swallowing to decrease choking risk
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Dementia Level Staging
- VitalStimTM therapy to aid swallow function
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) LOUD®
Assesses resident ability to operate motor vehicles with:
- Evaluations (including clinical and on-road assessments)
- Safety coordination with your physician, the DMV, and Commonwealth of Virginia to ensure compliance of new regulations (as of January 1, 2015).
Work Injury Rehab:
Supports your recovery from any occupational injuries to get you back to work.
Sports Injury Rehab:
Assists you with recovery from athletic injuries to help restore mobility and strength.