About Outpatient Therapy
Your life is in motion, and we at Friendship want to keep you moving toward the life you want. If you’re recovering from injuries, a stroke, surgery, or any other non-chronic health condition, our outpatient therapy will give you the short-term help you need.
At our Outpatient Therapy Clinic, we offer award-winning therapy programs for patients of all ages. Our specific programs include:
Restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. These programs:
- Improve strength, balance, muscle function and range of motion
- Collaborate with any outside therapy programs from your orthopedist before and after joint replacement surgery
- Train for mobility, gait, stability, posture and positioning, including methods for fall prevention
- Offer aquatic rehab in our warm-water therapy pool with less impact on joints, which is beneficial for arthritis
- Include wellness education and home exercise programs
- Provide specialized care in our Parkinson’s Program
Restores and maintains the functionality of daily living independence and safety, including:
- Hand Therapy including splinting, fine-motor coordination and strengthening
- Activities of daily living, self-care therapy, and home modifications
- Adaptive/Assistive equipment
Addresses difficulties with communication, swallowing, and cognitive decline. Our therapies include:
- Improving swallowing to decrease choking risk
- Verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Dementia Level Staging
- VitalStimTM therapy to aid swallow function
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) LOUD®
Assesses resident ability to operate motor vehicles with:
- Evaluations (including clinical and on-road assessments)
- Safety coordination with your physician, the DMV, and Commonwealth of Virginia to ensure compliance of new regulations (as of January 1, 2015).
Work Injury Rehab:
Supports your recovery from any occupational injuries to get you back to work.
Sports Injury Rehab:
Assists you with recovery from athletic injuries to help restore mobility and strength.