March 13, 2020
Hello again friends,
First off, Friendship is, and will continue to be, a safe and healthy place to live and work. In all we do, and in all the choices we make, we strive to make Friendship the best community and healthcare setting for older adults. We remain confident in all our efforts to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, and will continue to do all we can to protect one another and keep everyone informed.
As of right now, we have no confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in any of our campuses.
As previously announced, Friendship closed to the public, as of 3 p.m. today, March 13, 2020, until further notice. We will open our doors again, as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.
Closing our campus is defined by our organization in taking the following steps:
· Our Adult Day Care at The Feinour Center and Friendship Outpatient and Wellness Services at Friendship North will continue to be open normal hours. We have had to limit some of our Outpatient Services, so please call 540-265-2200 for more information.
· Outpatient Services at Friendship South will be temporary closed, as there is not a separate area for those patients to receive care.
· Any unnecessary visits are to be postponed until a future date, once our campus is open to the public. Only medically-necessary visits pertaining to resident care will be allowed to enter our buildings. This includes emergency services, appointments ordered by physicians, essential suppliers (food, pharmacy, medical supplies, etc.).
· All buildings only have one point of entry, at which all who are allowed to enter will be screened and have his/her temperature taken. We have an increased presence in our security at these entrances, as well as in and around our campuses.
· Any activities that include participation from individuals or groups that reside outside of our campuses will be cancelled or rescheduled to a future date.
· Our own team members will be staying primarily in the buildings where they serve, with the exception of keeping Club Friendship open as a means of providing dining services.
Please note that all the details listed above are subject to change at any time.
In order to stay up-to-date on what’s happening at Friendship, please keep checking the Coronavirus Updates page we have created on our website, friendship.us. We’ve also included additional links to trusted websites that contain prevention information.
Again, your understanding, patience and cooperation in protecting the health and well-being of everyone here at Friendship is greatly appreciated.
President & CEO